Wet Weather (posted 10/20/17)
Heavy rain expected for weekend
The National Weather Service
is predicting heavy rain this weekend. Wet pavement contributes to 73 percent of all weather-related crashes according to the Federal Highway Administration
. Heavy rains reduce visibility and may result in flooding. If you see high water on the road turn around, don’t drown.
Wet weather tips:
Make sure windshield wipers are in good condition
Ensure all headlights, taillights, brake lights and turn signals are functioning
Keep lights on while driving or biking
Increase following distance
Use extra caution near pedestrians and bicyclists
Clear out storm drains of leaves and debris to prevent flooding
To request help or report a hazard call:
Traffic Alerts (updated 10/18/17)
Temporary road closures. Use alternate routes.
Bald Peak Road at Campbell Road, for intersection realignment, Oct. 23-Nov. 1.
between Ernst Road and Viola Street, road work related to development by D.R. Horton
, Oct. 25-Nov. 14.
Minter Bridge Road
at railroad crossing south of TV Highway, for pavement maintenance by the city of Hillsboro
, through Oct. 24
Spring Hill Road Bridge, between Highway 47 and Fern Hill Road, for bridge replacement, through Oct. 23.
, between Grahams Ferry Road and Basalt Creek Parkway, for widening and WWSP installation, through April 30. Media release
Watch for lane changes. Flaggers may be present.
View Road Closures and Traffic Advisories for a full list of alerts and on-going projects.
Stay Informed, Get Involved (updated 10/19/17)
Jackson School Road project open house Oct. 25
The city of Hillsboro will host an open house for the Jackson School Road project
5-7 p.m. Oct. 25 at Jackson School Elementary, 675 NW Estate Dr. No formal presentation is planned; stop by during open house hours to view exhibits and talk with representatives from the city of Hillsboro.
Check out the latest concepts for Aloha Tomorrow – today – at the Aloha Tomorrow online open house
The Aloha Tomorrow project team is hosting an Aloha Tomorrow online open house to share concepts for future development around the Aloha Town Center at 185th Avenue and Tualatin Valley Highway. Please review and comment on potential land use and transportation changes in Aloha including:
- Improvements to the commercial area at 185th Avenue and TV Highway,
- Transit-related improvements along TV Highway,
- Alternative design for Alexander Street and
- Land use changes adjacent to Alexander and Shaw streets.
Exhibits from recent open houses:
Adopt-A-Road (updated 10/20/17)
Adopt-A-Road volunteers are scheduled to pick up litter along the following roads:
- Scholls Ferry Road, between Teufel and River roads, by Democratic Party of Washington County - Oct. 21
- Scotch Church Road, between Jackson School and Glencoe roads, by Boys Scout Troop #873 - Oct. 21
- Tualatin-Sherwood Road, between Boones Ferry Road and Cipole Road, by Tualatin Rotary Club - Oct. 28
- Logie Trail, between Helvetia Road and county line, by Kevin Mapes Realty - Oct. 28
- Cornelius Pass Road, between Baseline Street and Evergreen Road, by Hillsboro Elks - Nov. 4
Adopt-A-Landscape volunteers are scheduled to perform maintenance in the following area:
- Cornell Road, between Murray Boulevard and Saltzman Road, by the Cedar Mill Business Association - Oct. 21
- Oleson Road, all medians, by Garden Home Gardeners - Oct. 28
Thank you, volunteers -- stay safe!
View all construction projects
|Road Construction Projects For the week of: 10/15 - 10/21
|Road Maintenance Projects
View all maintenance projects
|David Hill Rd
At: Culvert #51401
At: Culvert #50515
At: Bridge # 1311
||Bridge Maintenance (B1 - Cap)