||From / To
||At: Butner Road
Don't drive drowsy (posted 01/12/2018)
Don't drive drowsy
Drowsy driving usually results from a lack of sleep, but can also be related to medications, sleep disorders or shift work (overnight or long shifts). In 2014, more than 800 deaths were related to drowsy-driving according to National Traffic Highway Safety Administration.
Warning signs indicating fatigue while driving include yawning frequently, missing exits and hitting rumble strips.
Avoid driving drowsy by:
Traffic Alerts (updated 01/12/2018)
Temporary road closures. Use alternate routes.
between Grahams Ferry Road and Basalt Creek Parkway with local access, for widening and WWSP installation, through April 30. Media release
between Waldo Way and SW 124th Avenue, for construction, through Jan. 31.
Watch for lane changes. Flaggers may be present.
- 170th Avenue, between Johnson Street and Vandla Park Lane for geotechnical surveying, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jan. 17 by Willamette Water Supply.
- 175th Avenue, between Alvord Lane and Scholls Ferry Road, 9 p.m.-6 a.m. Jan. 7 through April 1.
- Johnson Street near 194th Avenue, for geotechnical surveying, 9 a.m.-3p.m. Jan. 17 by Willamette Water Supply.
- Kinnaman Road near Pars Place, for geotechnical surveying, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jan. 15 by Willamette Water Supply.
- Millikan Way near 153rd Drive, for geotechnical surveying, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Jan. 15 by Willamette Water Supply.
- Murray Boulevard at Butner Road, car crash took out signal, all times through Jan. 18.
- Oleson Road near 80th Avenue, for geotechnical surveying, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jan. 15 by Willamette Water Supply.
- Portions of Cornell Road, Germantown Road, Dixon Mill Road, Gales Creek Road, Evergreen Parkway and 158th Avenue, for manhole and monument box adjustments, 8 p.m.-5 a.m. through Jan. 15.
- Portions of Germantown Road, Gales Creek Road, Scholls Ferry Road (between Hall Boulevard and Old Scholls Ferry Road), Scholls Ferry Road (between Tile Flat Road and Highway 219) and Dixon Mill Road for manhole and monument box adjustments, 8 am.-5 p.m. Jan. 16-19.
- Scholls Ferry Road near Springwood Drive, for geotechnical surveying, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jan. 12 by Willamette Water Supply.
- Scholls Ferry Road near Horizon Boulevard, for geotechnical surveying, 9 a.m.-3p.m. Jan. 12 by Willamette Water Supply.
- TV Highway, Brookwood Parkway to OR 217 for intermittent work at intersections, 8 p.m.-5 a.m. through Spring 2018 by Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Western Avenue north of Allen Boulevard, for geotechnical surveying, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jan. 15 by Willamette Water Supply.
View Road Closures and Traffic Advisories for a full list of alerts and on-going projects.
Stay Informed, Get Involved (updated 01/11/2018)
Reedville area safety improvements open house
An open house for the planned safety improvements in the Reedville area
will be 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 24 at Reedville Elementary School, 2695 SW 209th Ave
The project will construct bicycle and pedestrian improvements on the following roads:
- Sidewalk on the east side of 214th Avenue (between Tualatin-Valley Highway and Johnson Street)
- Sidewalk on the north side of Johnson Street (near the 214th Avenue intersection)
- Sidewalk on Alexander Street (between 209th Avenue and 198th Avenue)
- Bike facility on 209th Avenue (between Johnson Street and Alexander Street)
Comment on bus service improvements
is conducting an online open house
and several in-person open houses to solicit public comments on bus service improvements including new routes, all-night service on some routes and electric buses.
Adopt-A-Road (updated 01/11/2018)
Adopt-A-Road volunteers are scheduled to pick up litter along the following roads:
- 198th Avenue, between Kinnaman Road and Farmington Road, by Academy of Audiology - Jan. 20.
Adopt-A-Landscape volunteers are scheduled to perform landscaping along the following roads:
- Cornelius Pass Road, between Baseline Road and Tualatin Valley Highway, by Tualatin Valley Harmony Masters - Jan. 20.
- Springville Road, between Samuel Drive and the County line, by the Rodriguez Family, Jan. 13.
Thank you, volunteers -- stay safe!
View all construction projects
|Road Construction Projects For the week of: 01/14 - 01/20
|Road Maintenance Projects
View all maintenance projects
|Dairy Creek Rd
|| Meecham Rd / Fern Flat Rd
|Tile Flat Rd
|| Kobbe Dr / Grabhorn Rd