Drunk Driving (posted 3/16/18)
Don't drive buzzed
Mint milkshakes, corned beef and cabbage, and green beer – there are many St. Patrick’s Day traditions, but buzzed driving shouldn’t be one of them. Don’t drink and drive – even one beer can impair judgment. Be prepared with a designated drive or an app that helps you get a safe ride home, such as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Safer Ride mobile app.
Everyone is Irish for St. Patrick’s Day, but not everyone is a designated driver. Remember that buzzed driving is drunk driving - plan a sober ride home.
Engineering Week (posted 3/16/2018)
Students tour 124th Avenue project
Oregon Engineers Week
is a high school program in northwest Oregon and southwest Washington offering field trips and other opportunities for students to learn from professionals in construction and engineering. National Engineers Week is celebrated the week of Presidents Day.
Submit comments on Draft 2018-19 Road Maintenance Program (posted 03/07/2018)
Submit comments on Draft 2018-19 Road Maintenance Program
The Program is a draft list of a various maintenance activities proposed for the upcoming fiscal year. To submit a comment, use the online form, email, or call 503-846-ROAD (846-7623). Comments will be accepted through 5 p.m. Friday, April 13.
Highlights from the Draft 2018-19 Road Maintenance program include:
Paving on 170th Avenue, north of Tualatin Valley Highway
Paving on Baseline Road, between 197th Avenue and Cornelius Pass Road
Paving on Garden Home Road, between 71st Avenue and 92nd Avenue
Paving on Murray Boulevard, north of Scholls Ferry Road
Widening and paving River Road, between Scholls Ferry Road and Farmington Road
Slurry seal on 157 urban local and neighborhood streets
Staff will use comments received to develop the final list of projects, which is expected to go before the Washington County Board of Commissioners for action in June.
Traffic Alerts (updated 03/16/2018)
Temporary road closures. Use alternate routes.
between Grahams Ferry Road and Basalt Creek Parkway with local access, for widening and WWSP installation, through May 25. Media release
Watch for lane changes. Flaggers may be present.
- 10th Avenue, between Holladay and Alpine streets, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. through Oct. 31.
- 175th Avenue, between Alvord Lane and Scholls Ferry Road, 9 p.m.-6 a.m. through April 1.
- 185th Avenue, between Highway 26 and Evergreen Parkway, for building move, 10 p.m.-5 a.m. March 17.
- Adair Street, between 4th and 14th avenues in Cornelius, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. through Oct. 31.
- Baseline Road, between 4th and 14th avenues in Cornelius, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. through Oct. 31.
- UPDATE - Cornell Road, just east of Main Street, for road construction, 7 p.m. March 16-6 a.m. March 17.
- Evergreen Parkway, between 185th Avenue and 59th Avenue, for building move, 10 p.m.-5 a.m. March 17.
- Scoggins Valley Road, between Amick Lane and Speaks Drive, 7 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1 p.m.-4 p.m. March 26-30 by Clean Water Services.
- Scholls Ferry Road, between Hall Boulevard and Allen Boulevard, for a building move, 10 p.m-5 a.m. March 17.
- TV Highway, Brookwood Parkway to OR 217, for intermittent work at intersections, 8 p.m.-5 a.m. through Spring 2018 by Oregon Department of Transportation.
- West Shore Drive, between Lee Road and the Scoggins Creek Recreation Area, for vegetation clearing, through April 1.
Traffic signal shutdown, flaggers directing traffic through intersection.
View Road Closures and Traffic Advisories for a full list of alerts and on-going projects.
Community Events (updated 03/14/2018)
- Cornell Road, Grant Street, 2nd Street and Main Street, will have road closures with runners present for TVW Fun Run, beginning at 10:30 a.m. March 17.
- Cornell Road, Grant Street, 2nd Street and Main Street, will have road closures with people present for Murphy's St. Patricks Parade, beginning at 11 a.m. March 17.
Adopt-A-Road (updated 03/14/2018)
Adopt-A-Road volunteers are scheduled to pick up litter along the following roads:
- 209th Avenue, between Farmington Road and Bridge 20890, by Life Christian, March 20.
- Bull Mountain Road, between 141st Avenue and Roy Rogers Road, by Friends of Bull Mountain Hamilton Realty, March 17.
- Beef Bend Road, between Roy Rogers Road and 131st Avenue, by Friends of Bull Mountain Hamilton Realty, March 17.
- Gales Creek Road, between Balm Grove Loop and Cox Road, by Gales Creek Community Church of God, May 21.
- Gales Creek Road, between Balm Grove Loop and Cox Road, by Gales Creek Community Church of God, Oct. 1.
- Johnson School Road, between Tongue Lane and Simpson Road, by Duyck's Peachy Pig Farm, March 17.
- Zion Church Road, between Gordon Road and Kerkman Road, In Memory of Rolando Jimenez, May 19.
- Zion Church Road, between Gordon Road and Kerkman Road, In Memory of Rolando Jimenez, Aug. 19.
Thank you, volunteers -- stay safe!
View all construction projects
|Road Construction Projects For the week of: 03/18 - 03/24
|Road Maintenance Projects
View all maintenance projects
|| Hwy 47 / 16th Av
|Dixie Mountain Rd
|| Kay Rd / Otto Miller Rd
|Gales Creek Rd
|| Culvert # 51503 / D/W Address # 10601
|Holly Hill Rd
|| Campbell Rd / Yamhill Co. Jur.
|Kansas City Rd
|| Culvert # 51380 / Clapshaw Hill Rd
|Roy Rogers Rd
|| Scholls Ferry Rd / Hwy 99
|| Gales Creek Rd / UGB (.15 n/Purdin Rd)
|| Hwy 219 / McCormick Hill Rd
|| Mountaindale Rd / Hwy 47